Monday, September 1, 2008

First Week Back

Last week was my first week back to work. It was a mess. Lots of damage control. Tons of paperwork.
I thought I would cry the whole 26 miles to work. I thought I would miss Christian to the point of a meltdown. But I was so busy, I barely had time to dwell on the fact that I missed him so much. Only when I pumped twice a day, did I have a chance to think about him. I used that time to call and check on how he was handling our separation. He was, of course, just fine.
I am very lucky. My mom came to stay with us for two weeks while I return to work. This made my life so much easier. My anxiety level was not nearly as high as it would have been if he went right to daycare. My mom is awesome with Christian. He loves her so much. They have a great time together. We're both going to miss her when she goes home this weekend.
Next week, he starts daycare. Our daycare provider, Shannon, is a wonderful person. And I know he will be well taken care of at her house.

No comments: