Monday, June 30, 2008

Holy Crap! I had a baby!


Christian Steven was born on Sunday, June 22.
I've started his own blog: http://babychristiansteven.blogspot.com/


Motherhood is going well. I fell into the role smoother than I thought I would. Breastfeeding and 3 am diaper changings feel normal to me already. I am still adjusting to only 2-3 hours of sleep at a time. Richard thinks I'm pushing myself too hard because I don't take naps during the day. I've tried, but I'm not a napper. It's hard for me to sleep when Christian sleeps. Since I'm breastfeeding, it's not like Richard and I can switch off feedings. He does help me change him every few hours. Or he will burp Christian for me. Plus, I actually enjoy breastfeeding time with Christian. He is extra cuddly and sweet right after.

I hate diapers. I don't mind changing them. I'm annoyed that they don't stop the pee. They leak. This is how the couch, the bed, and me all got wet.
(Photos courtesy of Molly)

1 comment:

Molly said...

Mmm, can't wait to change those diapers. :) I'll be there soon. I'm so proud of you; from what I've seen, you are making a phenomenal mama.

PS: I'll nap for you. I'm really extra-good at napping. xo