We made an offer that day. The house was available immediately, but we weren't the only family with an offer on the table. The next day we left for Tennessee for my Grandparent's 55th wedding anniversary.
We were stuck in St. Louis, our plane delayed multiple times. Our realtor called us. The builder accepted a different offer because she could close sooner than us. We were crushed. I sat on the floor near gate B29 and cried on Richard's shoulder.
When we arrived in Memphis, we got a call from our realtor. The initial buyer refused to agree to arbitration if something went wrong, so the builder backed out. The house was ours if we wanted it.
We moved in six weeks later.