Friday, April 25, 2008

Week 31: No More Room

At my doctor's appointment today, I found out I am short waisted. My uterus can't grow anymore. I've run out of room. What does this mean? It means the baby will grow out and he will put even more pressure on my lungs. I will run out of breath much quicker. I've already noticed this. If I talk constantly for a few minutes, I run out of breath.
I have gained 2 pounds bringing my total weight gain to 19 pounds! I am right on track!
My blood sugar level was 83: perfectly healthy.
We talked about my birth plan and her birth plan for me.
I told her I have had an easy pregnancy. She replied, "I'm glad you recognize that. You've been doing great."
I've gotten lots of "You look great!" this week. I think because its obvious that I'm pregnant, but I haven't gained much weight for as far along as I am.
I feel good too. I am still very flexible and can squat without any problems. I've been doing my pregnancy workout or walking Logger two to three times a week. I forget I'm pregnant sometimes until I run into something with my belly! Or Baby FermaNels kicks me.

Other news this week:
I think we have a name picked out! This has been one of the hardest parts of being pregnant. Richard and I could not agree on any names. The two we originally picked out have since been axed. (Richard didn't think the names fit the baby's ultrasound pictures.) But we finally agree on one. One we both really like. But we're telling anyone. (It's driving my mom CRAZY!)
My parents are in town! Richard and Dad are painting the nursery tomorrow. My mom and I are picking up the crib and changing table. I am so excited to get the nursery ready. I think everything will feel real once the room is ready.
Time is going by so fast!

2 comments:

michelle said...

Glad to hear everything is going along great :) Just don't talk too much :)

I can't wait to see the nursery - and the baby of course! And to hear what name you have picked out! YAY! This is all so exciting - I am so happy for you guys!

Molly said...

:( I wish I had been there to help...