Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Subtle Hint


My mother. I love my mother. I love her more than anything else. She is sweet and kind. She is witty and goofy. She is a wonderful person. But she's also very silly. She would call it practical.

Last weekend, my mom and I went to the neighbors' garage sales. Baby and kids stuff galore. She picked up clothes and a blanket for Antonio. Some toys for Jack. And a bassinet for me. That's right. My mother bought me a bassinet. (Keep in mind I don't have children and am not pregnant.)

I did consent to it. However, this isn't the first time she has offered to buy me baby items. Thanksgiving last year: My mom and I get a little loopy and go shopping at the Outlet Mall at Midnight (Day after Thanksgiving specials!). While buying Antonio some clothes at the Carter's Outlet Store, she wanted to buy me a diaper bag. (I liked the color combination). My wedding was in six months!

Ultimately, I talked her out of buying the diaper bag.

This is why I love my mother. She makes me smile.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Eep! When I told Ryan's mother that I didn't think the sweater I was knitting would fit James (my nephew in something like five weeks), I said Megan would have to have another baby for me to give it to and she said, "I don't know, maybe you'll have to keep it for yourself." That's the only time either mother has said anything about kids in a way of hinting to the near future. :) Nothing as obvious as your mother!! How funny! :)

Anonymous said...

So, when is my grand daughter going to arrive?